There are SO MANY software programs out there to create drawings and 3D models in interior design. Through speaking to others in this industry, we have learnt that everyone seems to have a different favorite. We would love to know what yours is!!
A few examples our team enjoy to use are:
– Rhino; is user-friendly, easy to understand, intuitive in its use
– Sketchup; Basic and generalized modeling and rendering of simple structures (schematic and where accuracy is not an issue)
– AutoCAD; makes the transition from 2D to 3D, and vice versa, automated and easy
– ArchiCAD; Like Revit with a similar interface and used by most of the other firms not already on the Revit bandwagon. A great program which offers all of the benefits of Revit, but is a little more intuitive for designers, and gives more freedom in terms of the range of its outputs
– Revit; Documentation of entire buildings, and some production renderings/animations
So guys – what are you loving at the moment??
When it rains, look for rainbows
Images by our 3D DesignVisualiser