A commercial office fit-out is a once in a 5 year event for most companies, that might seem like a short time, unless you have to live with a problem for the next 5 years.
Below are our top 8 questions to we think you should ask fitout companies before you engage them to build your office interior:
- Can we see an example of a fitout you have done previously?
- Will the quotation be fully itemised? You will want to know how much per office desk and how much per metre of plaster wall for example.
- What is your policy on variations? Our policy is if you don’t ask for a change then you wont get a variation. Make sure they aren’t intending to leave things out just to win your work and then charge you at a later date.
- Design ability, can they quickly do accurate in house designs, or will this have to be outsourced at great cost?
- Will they assist you with authority approvals?
- Does your proposed office seating meet the correct standards, not every office chair is suitable for use in a commercial office space, you are responsible for your staff and their posture.
- Where does the furniture you are being offered come from?